All contents of this website are copyright © 2011 Ignite Media Brands Group Pty Ltd (“Ignite”). All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying or otherwise without the prior permission of Ignite.
All Content on the Website is provided in good faith and on an "as is" basis. Ignite makes no representations or guarantees and hereby expressly disclaims and excludes all express or implied warranties as to the quality, accuracy, reliability, completeness, currency or usefulness of any information contained in this website and does not otherwise endorse any such information.
Some hyperlinks contained in this site may lead to websites, which are not under the control of Ignite.
Ignite have no control over and will accept no responsibility or liability in respect of the material on any web site, which is not under the control of Ignite.
Copyright in these pages is owned by Ignite except where otherwise indicated by a third party's own notice. Images, trademarks and brands are also protected by other intellectual property laws and may not be reproduced or appropriated in any way without written permission of their owners.
Neither Ignite nor any of its respective subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, officers, employees, agents or representatives shall be liable to you or to any third party for any loss or injury whatsoever arising out of the information in this website or any actions taken or not taken in response to or in reliance on any information in this website or your use of (or inability to use) this website.
1. Our Details
2. Changes to this policy
3. How we collect your information
We collect your information in the following ways. • When you give it to us, for example when you:
- provide information about yourself to enter one of our competitions or promotions - order products or services from us - opt in to receive any of our newsletters or other marketing information - rate or post any comments regarding us or our services
- register to access paid premium member content on our Website. • If it is passed to us by our affiliates, partners or other third parties with your consent
4. How we use and disclose your information
We use your information operationally to:
• process any requests or orders for goods or services that you may have requested or purchased,
"We", "us" and "our" means Ignite Media Brands Group Pty Limited (ABN 79 143 754
929). Our principal place of business is at Ground Floor, 4-16 Yurong Street, East Sydney
NSW 2010 Australia• to enter you for the competitions or promotions which you have indicated you wish to enter,
• identify your personal preferences for any communications to you such as newsletters,
• provide you with access to any of our online communities that you are a member of, including any Member access only areas, and to provide you with updates relating to those communities,
• allow you to post comments, rate content or cast your vote, and • to respond to or deal with any queries or complaints that you may have
In addition and with your consent we (and if applicable, our partners or other trusted third parties), may use your information for certain marketing, market research, analysis and related purposes. It is up to you how much or how little information you allow us to use for these purposes. Our on screen notices will ask for your explicit permission (often by way of a tick box) for such additional purposes. These purposes include:
• to communicate with you from time to time by email, by mobile (using SMS or, if your mobile device permits, MMS messages or similar technologies) with updates regarding any account you may have with us or services you have requested from us
• to communicate with you from time to time by email, by mobile (using SMS or, if your mobile device permits, MMS messages or similar technologies) and occasionally by post with our newsletters, information, offers and other material which may interest you (such communications may be sent by third party service providers on our behalf)
• to make your information available from time to time to trusted partners and third parties, for the same purposes as above (which will be in accordance with the privacy policies of such trusted partners and third parties)
• to conduct market research, for example by asking you to participate in a survey about topical issues conducted by us or trusted partners or third parties. We will always try to tell you before you participate in the survey how any information you provide in the survey will be used
• to enable us and third parties acting on our behalf to analyse your information, in a non- identifying form, (generally in the form of statistics), so that we can identify trends about usage of our online or other services and improve them
We also reserve the right to access and disclose your personal information in order to comply with applicable laws, to comply with lawful requests from governments, law enforcement agencies or parties whose request we reasonably consider to be justified in connection with any allegations by any party about your abuse of our services, to operate our systems properly or to protect ourselves or our users.
Some of the partners and third parties with whom we share your information for the purposes set out above may be outside of Australia and in countries which may provide a lower standard of protection for personal data, by using our online services you consent to the transfer of your personal information outside of Australia.
5. Unsubscribing/ Amending your information / Newsletters
You can amend or remove information you give us via our online services at any time as follows:
• to unsubscribe from a newsletter or other email distribution click on the relevant link on the newsletter/other email (which can normally be found at the bottom of the communication)
• to withdraw from a subscription service you requested via SMS/MMS (as opposed to online) by following the instructions you receive in the message confirming your request
and sending the message “STOP” to the appropriate short code
Please note that to update your details in any social networking facilities we provide via the Website, you will need to contact the operators of those facilities directly.
6. Automatic Information
Examples of the information that may be analysed using cookies are user-name, email address and password, the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, browser type and version, operating system and platform you use to connect, areas of our online services that you viewed or searched for, the Uniform Resource Locators (URLs) from or through which you entered and exited our online services and the date and time of such activity.
You can use the "Help" section of the tool bar on most browsers to change the settings on your computer, for example to notify you when you receive a cookie, or to refuse all cookies. However, some of the features of our online services may not work or may be more difficult to access if you refuse all cookies. If you want to find out more about cookies go to www.aboutcookies.org.
We may use third party advertising companies to serve advertisements on our online services. The ads you receive may be influenced by various factors, including your browsing history prior to visiting this website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your use of our online services in order to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you. In the course of serving advertisements, our third party serving network may place or recognise a unique "cookie" on your browser. This is a "persistent" cookie, which means that it is stored on your computer and will remain there until it expires or you remove it. The ad serving networks may also make use of other technologies, such as "web beacons", in order to improve the relevance of the ads you receive.
We have taken steps to ensure that your personal information is secure, including limiting the number of people who have physical access to our database servers, as well as electronic security systems and password protections that guard against unauthorised access.
8. Business Transfer
In the unlikely event that we sell or otherwise dispose of some or all of our business to another party, we reserve the right to transfer your information as part of any assets sold or disposed of and you consent to such transfer.
9. Sole Statement
This policy was last updated on 29 June 2011.